|« Congratulations Marie Our $5,000 Sweepstakes Winner||Tip of the Week - Winter Activities »|
01/27/11 15:38, by auntiedoris, Categories: Recipes , Tags: butter, chicken, clearpoint direct, crock pot
These days you can buy anything you need in the kitchen in a can, bottle or jar. But I find these premixed items always lack a little something. Personally I think it is tender loving care, this is what is required to take an ok dish to a great dish. So for those of us who like to stop and smell the roses, I bring you Butter Chicken. This recipe will show you the stuff from the bottle has nothing on good home cooked food.
I do warn you though, it does take some time, but I assure you, it is worth it.
· 1/4 pint plain yogurt
· 1 teaspoon ginger
· 1 teaspoon Salt
· 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
· 3lb chicken, skinless, jointed
· 2 oz butter
· 1 stick of cinnamon
· 6 cloves garlic
· 6 green cardamom
· 1/4 pint sour cream
· 1/4 teaspoon saffron, crushed
· 1/4 pint Cream
· Salt to taste
· 2 teaspoon ground Almonds
· 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
· 1 tablespoon water
1. Mix yogurt, ginger, salt and red coloring and rub into chicken. Let it marinate overnight.
2. Place in an ovenproof dish and brush with oil. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 40-50 minutes. Save the liquid, if any.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter and fry cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms and bay leaf for 1 minute. 4) Add sour cream and chicken liquid. Add crushed saffron, and cream. Cover and simmer gently for 5-6 minutes.
4. Add chicken pieces and adjust seasoning. Add ground almonds. Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to the chicken.
5. Let it thicken. Cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.